July 14, 2014

Bits of Wisdom or Enlightment ~ Just For Me?




This technology offers so much- like a thriving beautiful orchard.  Even one tree with a healthy beautiful show of it's best fruit stops me. I stand in amazement seeing our puny little two apple trees with the green ripe [I think] apples hanging from so many branches.  Do I carefully choose one good apple or begin to grab and fill my basket for myself and sharing?  Or do I just sigh with appreciation and take a few photos then come back later?

This reminds me of some of the amazing writers I run across ...Blogger links that show up on face book or a recommendation from another blogger with similar interests. 

My first reading is so often a skimming over-browsing-window shopping visit. I immediately recognize that I am in a special place....seeing right away that I cannot absorb it all...comprehend and make use of and save it for sharing with others.  So I  take a deep breath and 'save it' for later.   I have to return prepared to seriously shop, taking a spare tote bag to fill with precious, priceless sweet treasures to be held close for at least Days yet to come.


I am at this moment reminded of a conversation with a loved one at least twice  remarking that God revealed a specific sweet thing to me and am so frustrated that I cannot recall it clearly enough to share that treasure with someone else. This loved one, having walked some difficult and dark days, replied:  "Maybe it was only meant for you and your use and not for sharing."

How wonderful [ and convenient] it is that God does not empty out a lifetime of incredible wisdom entrusting it to me for spreading around.  I would not grasp it long enough to be much help.


My inspiration for this post:
A Holy Experience/Ann Voscamp


 Contributors on Stringtownhome.net



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.