June 22, 2015

Monday Morning Thoughtful Thoughts ~

Oh no -  don't run off thinking this could be an inspirational devotion that might challenge us beyond our Monday Morning ability to endure..just allow a quiet moment or two and then we can all be on our way...into the fray.  [Well it does rhyme ]
 


I [almost] jumped out of bed this Monday Morning around 6:30 a.m.. Yes, it was that kind of wake up.  Sometimes I am on my feet with something akin to a 'song in my heart' and even in those
wide awake, aware times I can  fail to turn to the Lord and invite Him into my splash of happy.

 
Wondering why I am wearing such happy shoes this morning?  Ask another time.  I don't know.
Maybe it's as simple a thing as - Good grief [ Jonell ] it's the JOY OF THE LORD
.
We ask Him to fill us with a thankful heart [btw one of the best things to pray for regulary] and then bless my soul if I'm not finding myself amazed that He actually does it.  Shame on me! I'm thinking you may often do the same thing...praying for things-changes-additions or corrections [ s m i l e ] and then standing in the middle of the room asking self: 'Why am I so joyful or thankful?'



 
 
The easiest verses  to access on automatic early in the morning are those in the Psalms that read:
 
  • Create in me a clean  heart and renew a right spirit within me Ps. 51: 11

  • Let the words of my mouth and the meditaion [s] of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, Oh Lord my strength and my Redeemer  Psalm: 19:14

[oftentimes slightly revised acc jwh translation]
 
 

Home Wrapped Around Us/Me
 

And just an aside post script:  Have you ever noticed when you try to access [recall] a meaningful scripture you find yourself  stopped not knowing the 'rest of the verse'.....
Answer: Satan steals it
Solution:  Use it more often


Post Script # 2
I know, I know Lord I need to focus on some new at the ready verses - remember the times when You led me to committing so many to memory- Okay I 'get it'..need to revisit-don't give up on me.

Thanksgiving - Joy - Mercy

Jonell

2 comments:

  1. I Love it! Such wisdom - happiness is joy from the Lord! AND - I'm so writing the quote about Satan stealing our memory of verses down! Plastering it on my mirror, to see every morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thank God, Jonell, that He leads you to write these words of such great Inspiration!! Thank you!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.