February 09, 2016

Notes From Abby in London -

I have officially made it to a new decade-

IMG_2018_2

It is so cool to me to be able to say I celebrated -

turning 20 in a different country.

IMG_2193

Tuesday's class was cancelled, yay! Monday night  a few   international kids went out to celebrate- two girls were turning the big 21!  We stayed until midnight to ring in my 20th birthday as well, which was very nice. My friends surprised me with birthday presents which was  sweet & thoughtful.  ( a TON of chocolate; they just know me so well )

IMG_2173

Tuesday night we attended a Manchester United game which was absolutely amazing! My friend Amanda has been a die hard fan for years now, and this was her first time seeing a game live at the home stadium. . The  game atmosphere was just unreal.  We won 5-0 as well! I guess us Americans being there was a good luck charm :)
IMG_2127

FINALLY I  had my first class (my parents were starting to wonder what they were actually paying for). a small class, only about 25-30 students, and all girls. We have about 50 minute classes back home, so sitting through a 2 hour lecture got a little tiring after awhile.  We only have 7 lectures for this class, then an individual paper and a group project for our grades  will be due  the beginning of May. This is  very different than the American school system. Tomorrow, I will have a field trip for one  class to look at 10 different venues in Manchester. , I am excited to see what my other classes have in store!


This Saturday, the international society is taking a trip to the North Lake District.   I am very excited for that! When my parents used to live in England, they always talked about how beautiful that area was.
Next week  Amanda & I are off to Amsterdam for 4 days!



Thanks to everyone who wished  me a happy birthdayl! I have been enjoying every second of this wonderful opportunity & can't wait for everything still to come.



Abby~


1 comment:

  1. Wasn't the 20's a wonderful time and we just didn't how how great it was. Sure sounds like Abby is enjoying herself!

    ReplyDelete

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.